Please join the Georgia Association for Multilingual, Multicultural Education (GAOME) at its 1st Dual Language Symposium, Friday and Saturday, March 11-12, 2016. Thesymposium will be held at Georgia State University and will include the following events:
Friday, March 11, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
· Visits to Dual Language schools in the morning
· Roundtable discussion “Bridging World Language and ESOL in Georgia” and breakout sessions given by dual language researchers and educators in theafternoon
Saturday, March 12, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
· Keynote speech by Sal Gabaldón, dual language educator and author
· Presentation of winning student essays and posters
· Breakout sessions by dual language researchers and educators
Registration deadline is February 26. Follow this link to register online https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uG5b7-_1B6wNJKcwWf4y0PQvMBauvdsY7bAb7CB8sJ0/viewform
If you are interested in presenting at the symposium, the deadline for proposal submission is February 20. We are seeking proposals that address the following topics:
· Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy
· Advocacy and Policy
· ELs services and legalities
· Digital literacies
· Engaged pedagogy
· Community Building and/or engagement
· Multilingual and Multicultural Education and Student Success Rate Follow this link to submit a proposal online https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yKmOpuUxU33pEiRNb1nKQRwx2NTVbxHhZs0qtO
If you are interested in having your students participate in the student essay or poster contest, please contact Cathy Amanti (email@example.com) for contest guidelines.Submissions
due February 11. The contest is open to all English language learners enrolled in any type of language assistance programs and to native English speakers enrolled in a dual language program.