Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member who will present at Peru TESOL (see below for more details)
Purpose: This grant was created to promote cross-cultural understanding and the sharing of resources between Georgia TESOL and Peru TESOL.
Criteria: Applications are examined for evidence of (a) how participation and attendance will benefit ELL professionals in Peru, (b) how participation and attendance will further the applicant’s professional development, (c) how participation and attendance will benefit the applicants ELL community, and (d) how the applicant will share what was learned through participation and attendance with colleagues in Georgia TESOL.
The application must include the abstract(s) of the conference proposal(s) and one recommendation letter. For information about submitting a proposal, visit the Peru TESOL website (www.perutesol.org/convention). Two proposals are encouraged, and Peru TESOL will sponsor lodging for presenters with multiple sessions. NOTE: Grant funds will be dispersed for reimbursement of travel. You must submit travel receipts and your proposal acceptance letter from Peru TESOL for reimbursement. Your proposal acceptance letter is NOT required prior to applying for this grant opportunity.
Application Deadline: Applications for this grant must be completed on or before February 15th, which may differ from Peru TESOL's deadline.
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
- Applicants representing publishers are not eligible for this grant.
- Applicant must have received a notification of acceptance from Peru TESOL OR submitted a proposal (Proposal must be submitted with the grant application).
- One letter of recommendation is required by the application deadline. The letter must be submitted directly by the recommender to the Grants and Awards Chairperson, Asha Jassani, at email@example.com in MS Word document format. Please include the applicant and grant name in the file name.
- The recipient of the grant is expected to: give a report on his/her presentation at Georgia TESOL Annual Conference following the presentation in Peru; write an article for the Georgia TESOL Newsletter; and serve as a Peru TESOL Liaison for the following year’s grant recipient.
- Recipient will be notified by February 15th.