Georgia Teachers of English to
Speakers of Other Languages
Who’s Eligible: Any current Georgia TESOL member
Purpose: Since Lindy Lopez-Butner exemplified the high ideals of an unusually competent, sensitive, caring ELL teacher who sacrificed her own time and comfort for the well-being of her students, especially the neediest ones, Georgia TESOL has set up a memorial grant in her honor.
The purpose of the grant is to promote the professional development of a promising ELL teacher who is a current member in good standing of Georgia TESOL, has a worthy plan or goal that will ultimately benefit ELL students, but lacks the resources or materials to achieve his or her goal.
Note: This grant cannot be used for any travel, conference registrations, or conference presentations.
Amount: up to $1000
Criteria: Applications are
evaluated on the basis of (a) rationale, (b) relevance, (c) impact, (d)
implementation plan, and (e) evaluation plan. Applicants are encouraged to
view this rubric that will be used by the review
2) Submit one letter of recommendation. The recommendation letter must be submitted by the application due date via email to the Grants & Awards chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read "Recommendation letter for _______, Lopez-Butner Grant"
Due Date: Applications and reference letters must be submitted by September 30th.
Review Committee: Three or more Members-at-Large of the Georgia TESOL Executive Board will conduct a blind review of all complete applications.
1. The grant will be offered on a yearly basis.
2. The Review Committee may recommend to divide the grant between 2 or more recipients.
3. The recipient(s) and other applicants will be notified of the committee's decision.
4. A grantee may not reapply for at least three years.
5. The Review Committee may decide that no grant will be provided for a given year.
6. The grantee agrees to share grant results with members through a presentation related to the project at the Georgia TESOL conference, an article related to the grant for the GATESOL Newsletter or GATESOL In Action Journal, or other approved posts via social media outlets
All GATESOL grant funds will be disbursed through reimbursement upon submission of receipts or invoices to the GATESOL Treasurer at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the grant can be directed to the Grants & Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org